Thursday, April 22, 2010

Eyjafjallajokull

Congratulations to Mandy S. for winning the Trivia Questions-o-Fun!

Now I get to shop, which is perfect because it is my spiritual gift. I consider this a ministry.

Look for something humdingerish in the mail very soon, my friend!

Here are the answers to the questions. Thanks for all who participated...keep up the good work!


Question #1: What season of American Idol is currently underway? Season 9



Question #2: What is a "Sooner" as in the University of Oklahoma Sooners? A "Sooner" is someone who jumped the gun during the land run and went out to stake their claim of land ahead of everyone else. I try not to think of them as cheaters...more like overly ambitious farmers.


Question #3: What is the name of the volcano that just erupted in Iceland and has caused mass chaos for the travel industry? Eyjafjallajokull. Say that five times real fast.


Question #4: What was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater and where was it filmed? (Need a hint? Check this out) The Goonies in Astoria, Oregon. Rocky Road, anyone?


Question #5: Who fought in the War of 1812? The British and the Americans...again.


Question #6: What is the Spanish word for "butterfly"? La Mariposa


Question #7: Name the three countries I traveled to in February...in order. Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan. I loved them all, equally.


Question #8: And just for fun, if you could travel anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, where would you go? I would go to Tahiti. It sounds like heaven right about now.


Stay tuned for more trivia games and more unique, amazing prizes!  And if you all keep the answers coming, I may start re-gifting things to you. You know, like a cyber white elephant gift exchange. Except I don't have to take home anything weird, like a giant pickle or a 5 pound can of chili, but you will be the proud owner of something totally cool and useless. But don't worry, I'll reserve that only for emergencies.

And for those of you who have been waiting all week for a recipe, I have one coming! You'll want to bust this out for the family this weekend. It is super easy, super delicious and just plain super.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. How do you pronounce that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete