Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Top Ten: Items I Can Not Live Without

Holy cow, I so loved your responses to yesterday's post! Some were amazingly sweet, some overwhelmingly special, some terribly funny and some that I completely understand and would like to adopt myself. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. And I may have to ask for further explanations on some of them...let's grab some coffee, shall we?

Okay, so this post is all about the stuff you cannot live without. Since all of us would say we cannot live without our spouse or our dad, mom or most adorable nephew in the world, I am limiting this top ten to only that, stuff. Items. Things. Material possessions.

And here are mine...IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

10. Chapstick. I heart chapstick. Even if I don't need it, I love the way it feels.

9. A fierce pair of high heels. Right now it would be the red pair that you see on the side of this blog. They make me feel beautiful and fabulous.

8. Toothbrush. There is really no explanation for this one. No one wants fuzzy teeth.

7. Peanut butter. It is the perfect food. And it travels well. Trust me, I know this. And I have found that it promotes healthy international relations.

6. My passport. I cannot leave home without it...or at least the country. Seriously, they won't let you out of the country without it. Stinkin' security regulations.

5. My very old, very comfortable, very worn-out leopard-print slippers. If I could wear them to work, I would. But unfortunately that would not look very professional nor would it set a good example. Darn it.

4. Diet Coke. I have one every afternoon at approximately 2:37. It helps me get through the day and I guarantee it enhances my job performance. I actually look forward to it everyday. Is that bad?

3. My Bible. And I am not just saying this because I love Jesus. It is true. I cannot imagine my life without it. I should actually read it more than I do...perhaps this will motivate me.

2. Purified water. Not only do I need water to survive, but I have become a water snob and therefore only like to drink purified water. Give me Deep Rock, Brita, Evian or even Aquafina, but I just simply cannot live on city water alone. I just can't. So there.

1. Tie: Soap and my pillow. I really like being clean. And I think everyone else should really like being clean too. And how in the world am I suppose to enjoy all the other items if I don't sleep properly! And since this is my list, I decided that I could have a tie. Besides, you don't want to know me without my pillow.


It is so stinking hard to limit it to 10! Apparently I am a bit high-maintenance when it comes to stuff. So please let me know what you can't live without so I feel better about being a water snob.

And I hope your day is spectacular!

5 comments:

  1. 1. my tweezers. UGH life would seriously be a nightmare without them. not that i would be able to see that as my eyebrows would most likely take over.

    2. mascara. again UGH. i would immediately be back to my 11 year old self. yikes!

    3. my phone. oooooo geez do i love that thing.

    4. fruit. i could go on a diet of only fruit if i had to. really. i just love it.

    5. vacation time. holllllla....a girl needs a break from the m-f grind!

    6. face wash. if my face is clean, i can feel good about other things not being as they should. (ie: when traveling long distances, if i can wash my face, it doesn't seem so bad that i've been on a plane for 16 hours)

    7. sour patch kids/gummy bears. i love these dudes.

    8. ice cream. life is just not worth living if you can't indulge in an ice cream treat every once in awhile.

    9. restaurants. sometimes, you just gotta get out and have someone else cook food for you. or sometimes the thought of making dinner AND cleaning it up is just too much for me to bear.

    10. lysol wipes. they are very helpful. :)

    i could go on and oh. here is a life quote for you - "high quality requires high maintenance." boo yah, justification!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 05, 2010

    1. Kleenex. Hallelujah.
    2. Wet wipes. For the germaphobes in the bunch.
    3. Lotion/chapstick. Because no one likes dry.
    4. Chocolate. Really, this is a necessity.
    5. Coffee. Good coffee. It doesn't even have to be caffeinated, but it does have to be good. It just soothes the savage crankypants trying to escape.
    6. Hair clippies. For the 'fro.
    7. Deoderant. overshare, yes. But crucial for good interpersonal relations.
    8. Cell phone. Because carrier pigeons are extinct.
    9. Ipod. Because life is better with a soundtrack.
    10. Books, especially the Good Book. Few ways to better spend the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it. I'd have to agree with just about everything on the preceding lists and that puts me over my limit of 10. Grrrrrrr.

    Adding to those things . . .

    1. my journal and a good pen. (They go together so they count as one.)

    2. add some Lime to that Diet Coke and we're on. (I'm sipping mine between sentences).

    3. a hairbrush---it's too easy for me to look like I've not brushed my hair 20 minutes after I did. I'd forego mascara---which I'm quite fond of---for a hairbrush.

    4. a comfy chair---the ground, uncomfy chairs, benches are all unacceptable after a while---life is good when you have a comfy chair.

    5. Dark chocolate. . . the milk stuff might sustain in a moment of sheer desperation, but it doesn't kick of the serotonin in the same way.

    That's all I can think of to add to the list---there are a lot of things I could copy, but these are my additions to the aforestated items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on what I packed for our last trip:

    1. Bible
    2. Hand sanitizer
    3. Clean underwear
    4. At least one pair of supportive shoes and a pair of super cute shoes (a tie)
    5. Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash (a four way tie for me)
    6. Earrings
    7. Sunglasses
    8. Some form of ID
    9. Ann Taylor (the brand) - 90% of my clothes are from there
    10. Camera

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. best kid's tool benches

    ReplyDelete