Thursday, July 1, 2010

Recipe Round-Up: PW's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Yesterday's Fare Share can only be described as euphoric. Some brought lunches to ward off the attempt to dive head-first into a plate of ganache-filled shortbread tarts, some knew that anything other than a dessert would only be empty calories.

I brought a protein shake to make it look like I cared about my health.

And then I sampled everything from strawberry pie to shortbread to brownies and to the sinfully delicious chocolate peanut butter pie.

I will always treasure the fact that together we laughed in the face of any sort of fitness challenge, all the while knowing that the sugar crash was only an hour away and one or more of us would end up face-down on our keyboards.

Oh the things you do for your job.

This week's recipe comes from none other than the infamous Pioneer Woman. There are so many things that I love about her and even more that we have in common, but I feel even closer to her now because she has introduced me to her Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. (I talk like we are best friends but she has no earthly idea who I am nor the fact that I covet her horse ranch and a few of the cowboys that work on it.)

Anywho...I am loving this pie.



And you should make it this weekend. It is cold, creamy, delicious and oh-so very peanut buttery. I may or may not have eaten another piece when I got home last night.

Or two pieces. But whatever.

And since I should not mess with perfection, here is the link to her website where she has step-by-step instructions on how to make it. 

Go to it. Immediately. And I would recommend finding some sort of protein, like bacon, to round it out a little bit. I am all about balance these days.


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 02, 2010

    Oh how I have missed reading your blogs! This pie looks fabulous. Am glad Fare Share was good and that VL wasn't there = it might have killed him!! And speaking of our trip, I think you should do a food journal blog about food in Lebanon. Was the food great or what??? I was in a chick pea coma most of the time. Can't wait to compare notes! -- Shelley

    ReplyDelete