Thursday, July 22, 2010

When In Doubt, Make A List

I am running smack dab into writer's block so I have decided to make a list of all the things I have loved about this summer. And here you go, in no particular order:

1.The sunsets. Is it just me or have they been especially beautiful this summer?

2. Homemade ice cream. Holy canoli, people. My mom made some tonight and it pretty much blew my socks off.

3. Seeing God answer prayers that I have been praying for two years.

4. The moment I leave Kansas on my way to Oklahoma. Oh, such bliss. And we even cap it off with a roaring rendition of "Oklahoma." You should travel with me just so you can hear it.

5. My cousins, each and every one of them.

6. Growing my own basil. It is a minor miracle, my friends.

7. Eating my weight in blueberries.

8. The anticipation of being set up on a date. (More to come on this one!)

9. Riding bikes with Noah, training wheels and all.

10. Uninterrupted evenings to catch up on Hulu. I am particularly loving White Collar and Psych.

11. Diet cokes. With straws. And pretzel M&Ms.

12. Good hair days. Hey, never underestimate the power of a good hair day, they are pure magic.

13. Waiting and waiting for Rachel's baby. Any minute now...

14. Trying to tan. It was glorious for 45 minutes and I have the freckles to prove it.

15. My fabulous friend Sara for giving me the inspiration to make this list.

16. Never needing a jacket...except for that one really cold weekend in June.

17. Watching Noah take pictures of himself. And then looking at the pictures and being completely and utterly surprised.

18. Family June birthdays. There is no such thing as too much cake.

19. Colby, Kansas. Hey, it's like an oasis, people. You need it to survive.

20. Knowing that Lizz is still alive in Liberia and has thus far had no encounters with deadly pit vipers.

21. Melanie's ravioli lasagna. It's heaven in marinara sauce.

22. The last day of the STUPID INTERNATIONAL FITNESS CHALLENGE OF DEATH.

23. Hanging with my grandpa and knowing there isn't a cooler 92 year-old on the planet.

24. New shoes. Enough said.

25. Knowing that there are still six more weeks before September.

Long live summer.

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 23, 2010

    Oh, I think you forgot one. Or perhaps, two.
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadine! You are so right!!! I meant to write one about our fabulous weekend!! Well, here you go:
    26. Kettle corn in Westcliffe and taking a nap on Nadine's back porch. If only every weekend could be that relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list, Sarah! And, Melanie, if you are reading this, I'd love to hear more about your ravioli lasagna!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 23, 2010

    Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 24, 2010

    Ok, inquiring minds want more detail on #8. Just saying...
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete