Friday, December 24, 2010

Feliz Navidad from the Fam

Last week, before I caught the plague, my family and I took our annual family picture.

They always start out something like this...

 
 
We find a location and sit on it.

 
 
Each person moves into place. Some are more camera shy than others.
 
 

 
 
And then just when everyone is in position, the camera decides to go on rapid-fire continuous picture mode and take 3,506 pictures in a row.

So, I get up to fix it...




And I about wipe out behind the tri-pod as I try to shut off the camera.

Meanwhile, everyone is laughing... 



 
So I run back in and try to squeeze in the picture and have just enough time to strike a pose:



 
I think this picture would have been the winner if I hadn't covered up one half of my parental unit.

And of course, mayhem followed.


 

There was some of this...


And some of that...

And just when I thought we had taken a good one, we noticed that our sweet, precious five year-old had morphed into a gremlin.

Awesome.

 
 
Nothing says "Christmas" like a little gremlin.

Finally, after our retinas were seared from the rapid-fire flashes, we captured a good one:




It is a Christmas miracle.

So my faithful readers (I think I am up to 6 now), I hope your Christmas is full of joy and wonder as we celebrate the birth of Jesus! And perhaps a bite of fudge or two.

Merry Christmas from my crazy family to yours!

3 comments:

  1. Missing you all - great pictures! Merry Christmas to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz Navidad to the Rymers as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm especially intrigued by the way your Mom seems to keep a serene and beautiful smile in every stinkin' picture. That must be one of her super powers!

    Joyeux Noel!!! And Happy Boxing Day!

    ReplyDelete