Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Little Bit Hillbilly, A Little Bit Classy

Last week I wore one of my fave pairs of heels to work. You would love them, trust me. As I was getting settled for the day, I looked down and to my ABSOLUTE HORROR I realized that both of the toes were extremely scuffed and one had a scuffed racing stripe down the side.

I mean, can you even believe it? It is amazing I show my face around here anymore.

So as I sat there, trying to figure out how I could run home real quick and change clothes without missing a meeting I had in approximately 3.6 minutes, I glanced over and my eye caught something magical: A Sharpie.

I am almost too embarrassed to tell you what transpired for the next two minutes, although I am sure you can imagine. I sat there, in my office, without shoes on, hunched over my heels, Sharpie in hand, coloring like a kindergartner.

Oh I did.

And when it was time to go to my meeting, I looked down and marveled at my amazing handy work, and thought I just may be the classiest, high-heel wearing hillbilly this side of the Mississippi. Or, maybe I am the female version of MacGyver.

You be the judge. Either way, my shoes look fabulous!

5 comments:

  1. Female MacGuyver. Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh---for sure MacGuyver! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely MacGuyver! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. You were just thinking on your feet (no pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete