Monday, October 10, 2011

How To Pull Off A Wedding in 10 Days - Day 6

Apparently numbers confuse me.

When I first started this ten-day countdown, I thought that starting at 10 and working my way to 1 would make the most sense. But then I saw that it was more of a tutorial and you needed to build upon each day, not count down. For example, my original Day 9 should have been Day 2 and so forth. So now I have renumbered the past posts and this is the actual Day 6, not yesterday's Day 6 which was actually Day 5. Obviously I was looking at it all wrong.

I am glad we cleared that up. That was a close one.

So yesterday was Day 6. We are totally in the home stretch, peeps. Where last week was all the planning, this week is all the doing. Last night was the last free night I will have until Saturday. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of cool stuff lined up, but I am pretty sure I am going to need a body double at some point. And a few wardrobe changes.

Day 6 saw everyone going their separate ways and tackling their own shopping lists. Claire had her dress fitting for alterations and then she and Carr attempted to register for more than just a humidifier. I am pretty sure they were successful because I just saw a crock pot on their registry that I am now coveting. Yes, that's what I said, a crock pot. Is it possible for MOH's to register too? I think it would be a very natural thing to do.

They also officially launched their wedding website. You should check it out, it is super cute!




(This picture was taken immediately after he proposed. I absolutely love it.)

My agenda read as follows: I went to church, ate pumpkin pancakes at The Original Pancake House with my friend Lizz (priorities, people), and then I cleaned the apartment and ran errands until 6:00. I found shoes for my dress that were on sale for $29.00. They are black satin with a big rose on the side. And for $29.00, it would have been a crime not to buy them. I also found a dress to wear to the rehearsal dinner on Thursday and some new mascara.

Speaking of mascara, I could dedicate an entire blog about it. Don't you just LOVE mascara? I am in the hunt for the perfect mascara right now...what is your fave?

I also think it is starting to sink in that Claire is moving out. It is such a natural thing, of course. But I will really miss having a roommate that is also my sister. Once you have this, it is really hard to go back to the random roommate situation. So therefore, God either needs to bring me another sister or a husband.

Honestly, either one would work at this point.

Here are some other highlights:
  • Claire is trying to decide upon wearing a long veil or a hair clip with a small birdcage veil. Or she may not wear anything. Hopefully she'll decide this by Friday.
  • I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night and put them in my freezer for anyone who comes over this week. So, you know, come on over.
  • We may have to change our mani/pedi to Wednesday so we have enough time to go to rehearsal on Thursday. Apparently rehearsing is important, especially if a six year-old boy is involved.
  • I am applying tanning lotion to my legs everyday so that by Friday I may have a hint of color. I thought about wearing hose but the last thing I need is for them to wiggle down during the ceremony. Do you see the decisions that plague me right now?
  • Claire and Carr have set aside 20 minutes everyday to just sit by each other and rest. I am thinking this is an excellent idea. Those two are looking a little weary.
Day 7 is off to a great start. I hope your Monday is looking up as well.

6 comments:

  1. I have no idea what to wear in my hair. On an unrelated note, Cynthia is awesome and just brought me coffee. I heart nice people. I heart Cynthia. And I heart you.

    Love,

    The Seester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my favorite everyday mascara is Almay, in the small bottle, in Very Black...it works great, and the small brush works great. I'm really excited to bust out the falsies on Friday though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should wear a tiara Claire. :) Just really big, tall, sparkly tiara. With all real diamonds. Just a thought.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sar, I will buy you a crock pot.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, I'm just helping out with that caffeine IV...we have to make sure that you get through the week so you can get married!!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love birdcage veils - I totally would vote for that. But either way, Claire is going to look amazing!!!

    My fave is Falsies mascara I think by Mabeline?? Or Loreal is always a good one too. I tried to go fancy last year but I find cheap drugstore mascara to be better than dept store counter stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete