Thursday, November 3, 2011

The New Bachelorette

I was at my mom's house for dinner on Tuesday when my dad called from the pay phone. That's right, there are still pay phones and apparently they are all owned by the Department of Corrections.

I picked it up and it was music to hear my dad's voice. We exchanged the normal stuff, you know, like "how's kitchen duty going?" and things like that and then he said:

"Hey Sarah, a few of the guys here asked about you the other day." He was referring to my visit with him last Saturday.

Me: "What? You mean the other guys who stay there with you?"

Dad: "Yeah. They wanted to know who you were."

Me: "And what did you tell them?"

Dad: "I told them you were my daughter."

Me: "Oooookay."

Dad: "And I am thinking you may have a few dates lined up the next time you come down here."

Me: "Wow, Dad. I am not sure what to say to that."

Apparently I'm a big hit with felons. Awesome.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe one of them is in there for cattle rustling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were a hit!! That is sure to make your dad's heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! At least you made your dad smile and are keeping him entertained. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know, some of them could be amazing, innocent guys just like your dad. There could be a winner.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! That made me laugh. It's a good thing your dad is looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would make such a great story when people ask how you met :)

    Mandy <><

    ReplyDelete