Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And I'm Back

Well hello there. I hope you are doing well on this some-what cloudy, almost warm but not quite warm, I wish it were summer January day.

As you may or may not noticed, I took a week off from blogging but I must tell you that I missed you. I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and New Years! My Christmas was different but extremely memorable (more to come) and my New Years found me sitting on my mom's couch watching Storage Wars. Try not to be jealous.

 I spent the entire day after Christmas in my pajamas and watched WAY too many episodes of Kourtney and Kim Take New York (can you tell that I don't have cable?). But there is just something about that family train wreck that captivates your attention. I think it has to do with amount of mascara that they wear or how many times they say "I just can't deal" and then go look at themselves in the mirror. It is television gold, my friends.

The rest of my week off was spent packing boxes and moving to a new place. And let me tell you what I learned: moving is HIGHLY OVERRATED. When in doubt, just don't do it. However, my previous condo sold to new owners (completely amazing in this economy) and I am now one night in to my new place.

A big thank you to all who offered to help me move. Noah came over and did all the heavy lifting. He is a very gifted six year old. Most of my belongings are in storage, the essentials are in my new abode and what I am left with is a pile of stuff that I never wanted to have to deal with and I am not sure where to take it. Ugh. But I think I will just throw it all into a trash sack and just leave it in my car. That seems like a good plan.

So, if you want to come for a visit, I have a spare bedroom for you. Just call ahead. I am already booking 2 months in advance.

Happy 2012, peeps. It's going to be a good year!

4 comments:

  1. Yea! The move is over! I am still amazed at how perfectly the Lord provided! So great. Hope you get to feeling settled in quickly! Can't wait to come see the new digs!

    Oh the Kardashian fam, they do wonders for the self esteem, don't they? Although I would NOT turn down the chance to have someone do my hair and makeup and pick out my clothes every morning for me. I'd quite enjoy that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, we missed you too! Congrats on the new place! Where is it? Closer to us? I wish I could have helped you moved, but 1) you didn't tell me and 2) I'm out of town still. :)

    The WP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you were moving - why was I not informed? You could still move here and be my nanny. THAT would be awesome, right??? I could put on lots of mascara and tell you I can't deal. Actually, I do that now, minus the mascara. ;-)

    Love you, miss you.... come see us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Now I will have to watch Kourtney and Kim take New York since you previously got me hooked on keeping up with the Kardashians. I want to come over this week. Let me know when you want to see me. Love you!

    Other sister

    ReplyDelete