Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Day

I seriously love Valentine's Day. Really, I do. And yes, I know that I am single.

Actually, I probably love Valentine's Day more because I am single. This day is completely void of expectations. The times when I have been dating someone on Valentine's day were almost always colossal disappointments. And I realize I may be partially to blame. Apparently he did not understand me when I said "Oh, just surprise me with lots of things about love and hearts and chocolate and make it special but don't go overboard. And remember, this is one of my most favorite holidays."

Like I said, I am partially to blame.



So, today I am without expectations.

And that is why when my friend Lizz showed up with a a big bunch of floating red hearts it made me almost do a cartwheel in my office (but I wore a skirt today and no one really needs to see that). She is so thoughtful and fabulous.

I am actually quite easy to please when I don't have my own list of demands.

Happy Love Day to you.

6 comments:

  1. How fun! That's an AWESOME Valentine's surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. My husband and I are very low expectation people for Valentine's Day. We're going to spend our night studying, blogging, and eating pizza and cake batter puppy chow. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I told Mike this year I gave him a baby and that will have to do : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love about Valentines Day? Its an excuse to wear red, eat chocolate, and everything is all pink and red and pretty? LOVE IT!!!

    your balloons are super fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy love day to you, beautiful seester! I love you!

    ReplyDelete