Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Pinterest Confession

I have a complicated relationship with Pinterest.



Pinterest is one of those tools that is so completely simple and brilliant that it makes me wonder how I ever came up with a creative idea on my own. Of course I did have a ghetto version back in 1993 when I actually owned a bulletin board with various ideas and dreams pinned to it. But who has the time, space or available cork to have an actual real one these days?

Unless, of course, you get the idea from Pinterest to buy a real one and put it on your wall.

I have spent so many otherwise productive hours pinning everything I could ever possibly want for myself, my home, and my life. The fact that it is so easily available on my phone makes even the DMV enjoyable.

It is truly a modern miracle.




However, I have a confession about Pinterest: I have a severe lack of follow-through.

This became the topic of conversation between Rachel and me the other night. And we both agreed that there is a lot of pressure to be a Pinterest All-Star, when in reality, I am more of a Pinterest Bench Warmer.

Believe me, my intentions are pure. I want to make all of those things. I want to be the kind of person who not only bakes a mean salted caramel brownie, but can also make her own pillows, apply her own amazing eyeshadow, wear the most amazing clothes without looking like I tried, do the latest thigh-trimming workout, and plan my wedding all at the same time.

Oh, and wear killer high heels while doing it.

The fact is, I have only made one of the sixty-one recipes I have pinned.



The fact is, I have planned my wedding without having a groom.

The fact is, I don't even own a house to make-over.

The fact is, I really suck at applying eyeshadow.

And who in the world wants to spend time trimming their thighs?

Exactly.

So, dear readers, let the world know that all of those amazing ideas that I collect and admire are only just ideas at this point.

I am just thankful there is an app to hold them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment