I obviously have a reached an all-time low in coming up with interesting things to share with you. My days are full of work, the treadmill and some form of extra-curricular activity in the evening, like watching Hulu or napping. The weather in Colorado has resembled the surface of the sun which makes it hard to be outside without burning to a crisp. However, the weatherman did say that the monsoon season has come so we may experience a cooling off. We can only hope.
So, I have a list for you. It's how I roll when I don't know how to put words into paragraphs. And feel free to reply in list form as well. I really like to keep things organized.
1. I have a new TV addiction: Roswell. I know, I know, it is totally corny but I am loving this show for all the right reasons: it has great '90's music, it makes me want to wear a flannel shirt, and I have a thing for aliens who have really obnoxious hair.
I AM NOT PROUD OF THIS, PEOPLE!
Like I said, I have reached an all-time low.
2. Tomorrow is our country's birthday! For my entire life I have spent this holiday in Oklahoma. However, this year, I will be in Colorado, watching fireworks on TV and missing the sound of the bug zapper on my grandpa's back porch. However, there is a parade and pie baking contest in our neighborhood so at least I will be well-fed. And besides, it is a day off in the middle of the week! That never happens.
What are your plans for tomorrow's celebration?
3. On Saturday, I visited my dad in Alamosa. He is doing great, by the way. We celebrated his birthday with double chocolate brownies and a trip to Walmart. We pretty much bring the party with us wherever we go. We also visited the sand dunes on our way back. They are spectacular! I would highly recommend a visit to see them if you are ever in the middle of nowhere, Colorado.
4. My half birthday is coming up. I just thought you should know.
5. In response to last week's post, "Dear Future Husband," many of you asked about the mystery man who replied in the comments section. As you will see, he said he would pick me up for a date on Friday at 8:00 pm. But I am here to report to you that the chump never showed up. Typical.
6. I have decided that my new goal is to see Dave Matthews in concert this year. I am not quite sure how this will be possible since he is not coming to Colorado, but I am not opposed to road tripping it somewhere just to catch a show. Granted, I may need to start a scholarship fund to make this happen.
In conclusion, I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July tomorrow! I will be sure to eat a few bowls of homemade ice cream just for you.