Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Tropical Storm of Crushed Vacation Dreams

It appears that Tropical Storm Isaac has it out for my vacation.

I refuse to be intimidated, especially from some junior varsity storm that isn't even strong enough to be a hurricane. Unless of course our cruise is cancelled because of gigantic rogue waves, which may be a very real possibility.

As of this morning, the cruise line had not changed our itinerary but the projections are not looking good.




I realize we are smack dab in the middle of hurricane season and planning a cruise for this time of year is a bit risky. It would be like buying a mobile home in Oklahoma in May. However, we did purchase insurance, which we hopefully won't have to use.

For now, I am holding out hope that Operation Umbrella Drink is still a go. Tara and I have worked too hard on our tans (well, maybe not me) for this to be cancelled. Heck, I even bought a new swim suit for this trip so the pain and torture of trying that sucker on better not go to waste.

I have even given up some desserts over the past few weeks. I know, right?

Stupid Isaac.

I will keep you all posted on this current weather crisis. Let's all hope that Isaac wimps out.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I hope Isaac doesn't impact your cruise!
    But look on the bright side, either way, Isaac won't do to you what he did to the Sakkaros when they got wet...

    Rain Rain Go Away!

    http://www.kirkwood.k12.mo.us/parent_student/nm/renzali/Rain,%20Rain%20Go%20Away%20Text.pdf

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain,_Rain,_Go_Away_(short_story)

    Yes, I realize this is a very random odd comment.

    The WP

    ReplyDelete