Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sleepy in Seattle

Hello world!




I am in Seattle for approximately 17 hours!

My colleagues and I flew in late this afternoon for two full days of meetings. I will be in Seattle tonight and Portland, OR tomorrow. Tonight is the calm before the storm. And I am celebrating this calm by surrounding myself with ginormous hotel pillows and watching Dexter, which may or may not be the best choice for a single girl to watch in a strange hotel room in a new city. But I am nothing if not a risk taker.

SIDE NOTE: I am not a risk taker.

I also just ate a bowl of corn and crab chowder that I know will make me a better person. I already feel nicer.

I have never been to Seattle but I am happy to report that it is raining. And it is suppose to rain for the next three days. I have heard so many amazing things about this place that I hope I can get a glimpse of it before I go, or at least get a really good cup of Starbucks. Does Starbucks taste better here? I believe with my whole heart that it should.

Until then, however, I am going to put in my mouth guard and go to sleep. The rain has a way of sucking the energy right out of you. I bet napping is really popular here. I could totally get into that.

5 comments:

  1. Well I think that should be your new bucket list...how many places you can drink Starbucks...I don't know that it tasted better in the Bahamas (especially at $20 for two coffees and two waters)...But you can rest assured we are trying Starbucks in NY - so let me know how the Seattle Starbucks is...enjoy (and keep) the rain...have fun and be safe!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your whirlwind time in the Pacific Northwest. I love it up there because it is so green which is a foreign concept down here. Have a great week and Happy early Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very brave to watch that show when you are all by yourself!!! :) Hope its a fun trip and you get to enjoy lots of coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the Seattle area, but the cloudy drizzly weather does eventually get you down. The few sunny days are stunning, though. Enjoy your whirlwind trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. North Pacific Property Management

    ReplyDelete