Tuesday, April 16, 2013

JT's Restaurant Review

As I mentioned last week, my girl Sara and I hit up JT's restaurant, Southern Hospitality, on Friday night. Several of you have asked how it was so I am here to give you my review.

SIDE NOTE: I had originally called it "Southern Comfort," which I am sure they serve there, but that is not at all the name of his restaurant.

I digress.

This restaurant is located in downtown Denver in a fabulous old brick building. We were quickly seated and then proceeded to drool over the menu.

After much thought and a few pointed questions to our server, we ordered the following items:

Cheddar Hush Puppies
BBQ Brisket (me)
BBQ Chicken (Sara)
Mac and Cheese
Corn Bread

First off, let me tell you that you should drop whatever you are doing and RUN to get some of those hush puppies. Quit your job, if you have to. Those suckers are KILLER! They are warm and soft on the inside, crunchy on the out, and are served with honey butter and jalapeƱo jelly.

Thank you and good night.

Second, the BBQ sauce is great, especially if you are a fan of the molasses/tomato base version. The brisket was super tasty and Sara said her chicken was divine.

Third, skip the mac and cheese. It lacked most things that you would normally qualify as a good side dish.

Fourth, pass on the cornbread. It was tough and cold. Not a fan.

Lastly, however, I will say that the service was amazing! Our server was engaging, friendly and almost ate a bite of Sara's chicken. Some may call that too friendly, but we both found it somewhat charming. It didn't hurt that he was cute.

We skipped on dessert and hit up Little Man ice cream instead. Which, salted Oreo, anyone?! Amazing!

So, there you have it! I would definitely go back for their appetizers, especially before a baseball game. And if you are in the mood for BBQ, their sauce is delish!


**I was in no way paid for writing this review. However, if JT reads this and decides to send me an order of hush puppies, I will not turn them down.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Sara Laverty, and I approve this review. ;)

    Uh, but JT, make sure you send a double order to my friend Sarah, cause I'm gonna need some too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't worry. I will definitely have him send you some too. I am pretty sure he has the resources for two orders.

      Delete