Monday, September 23, 2013

Mini Cupcakes and the Land of Denial

Last week, I got a catering order for mini cupcakes. I had yet to make the miniature version of any cupcake, because, let's face it, why eat a small version of something when you can have the big version?!

Can I get an "amen?"

So, I quickly picked up a mini-cupcake pan (I got mine at Walmart for $5!) and got to baking.

On the menu: Yellow butter cake with vanilla buttercream, chocolate cake with salted caramel cream cheese frosting, and pumpkin cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting.




If you counted, this means I had three batters and three frostings being mixed, baked and piped on all at once! It was an explosion of flavor and powdered sugar. In fact, I found frosting on my elbow THE NEXT DAY.

That either tells you a lot about my baking skills or my personal hygiene. I'll let you decide.




The end result: they are so cute! And full of flavor! And crazy addicting! And virutally calorie-free!

(SIDE NOTE: That is not true. They do have calories. I just love living in the land called Denial.)




And they are so easy to make! Next time you decide to bust out some cupcakes, try giving their little cousins a try.

And if you decide to vacation in Denial, you might as well make yourself a dozen while you're at it.



 

5 comments:

  1. I followed your pumpkin cupcake and maple-cream cheese frosting recipes exactly... and HOLY COW did I have wayyyy too much frosting. So naturally I had to make another two batches of cupcakes. To use up all that frosting, of course. Couldn't let it go to waste!

    Thanks again for posting that recipe and pinning it two years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally welcome. Emily! You definitely cannot let that frosting go to waste!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this post a lot, because I just love cupcakes and you are the best at cupcakes but OMG did I laugh sooooooooooooooooooooo hard at that last pic. HAHAHA yes, delicious points for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhhhhhhh hahahaha!! It's my new motto, Sara!! :)

      Delete