Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanks


I love this week. I think I love the anticipation of Thanksgiving more than Christmas. I am pretty sure it has something to do with expectations and the lack-there-of for this upcoming holiday. You basically just have to show up and eat.

I can handle that.

As I think about this week, I am especially thankful for this guy:






He gets to come home this year. Noodles, Grandparents' Day, raking leaves, setting up a Christmas tree, pecan pie and his own bed are in his future. I cannot wait.

I am giving a big thanks for this kid, who although shot me in the forehead with a Nerf gun yesterday, is still young enough to cuddle and old enough to realize he has a very important place in our family.





I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that these two lovebirds are finally going on their long-awaited honeymoon. They deserve it, even if they do gross me out with their public displays of affection. It's out of control.






And of course there is Ferris Bueller my older brother, who is still thankful for all those who helped make his debut album dreams come true.






I am thankful for that too because now I won't have to sell a kidney for that to happen.


I am grateful beyond words for all those who have given me love and money for butter with Gourmet Girl to Go. I have had a blast with you in the kitchen!

 



I am thankful for more, like a car that is currently running and hot water in my shower. But for now, I'll just leave it at these. It is more than enough for this girl.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you that you will get to have your dad at home with you!! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your favorite holiday treat? What's your favorite holiday movie? What's your favorite holiday fashion item? What's your favorite holiday trick of making life easier?

    ReplyDelete