Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Three Amigos and Christmas

My friend Melanie just gave me a copy of The Three Amigos. This is in my top 5 of favorite movies. Ever.

"Would you say I have a plethora of piƱatas?"

"Lip balm?"

"Do you have anything besides Mexican food?"

"It's a sweater!!"

I cannot tell you how much joy this brings me as I anticipate watching this late tonight, basking in the glory of old school Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Martin Short and the invisible singing bush. I may even bust out my own rendition of "My Little Buttercup." I am a musical theater major at heart.

As we think about what the next few hours will bring, I hope you are anticipating something wonderful. Something comforting and peaceful. Something warm, delicious and inviting. Something sparkly and new with a side of old and familiar. And maybe you'll even get to experience it all in your pajamas.

Total bonus.

I also hope that you get to eat some fudge. Or in my family, some BBQ. It's just how we roll.

There is nothing like the joy of waiting for something you love.

Rejoice, rejoice!

That long-awaited, much-anticipated day is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment